I am an experienced researcher and system architect in computer security. I love to find out how things could go wrong, and how to design systems better in order to have them behave as intended. I apply this passion to design and analyze security architectures for customers, research projects, or just for fun, and to guide development teams into meeting the corresponding security requirements. With over a decade of experience in academic and industry-oriented research & development projects, including as team leader and project manager, and having (co-)authored over 50 scientific and technical papers on the relevant subject, my mission and commitment is to drive technical innovation in computer security, in particular system security, and to make real systems more secure. I am a great fan of science-fiction and fantasy stories, and I enjoy to share time with my wife and to improve our skills in guiding our dogs so that they behave as intended, too.
- Security Technologist at Huawei Technologies, European Research Center, Munich, Germany (since Sep 2014).
- Postdoc Researcher at Ruhr-University Bochum, Horst Görtz Institute for IT-Security, Germany (2012 - 2014).
- Senior System Architect at Sirrix AG security technologies, Bochum, Germany (2012 - 2013).
- Research Associate at Ruhr-University Bochum, Horst Görtz Institute for IT-Security, Germany (2005 - 2011).
- Research Associate at University of Bonn, Institute for Computer Science, Germany (2004 - 2005).
- Software developer (working student) at SRC Security & Research Consulting, Bonn, Germany (2003 - 2004).
- Entrepreneur with Winandy Licht & Ton, DJ and sound & light equipment rental, Germany (1997 - 2010).
- Dr.-Ing. (~ PhD) in IT Security from Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany (2012)
Thesis: "Security and Trust Architectures for Protecting Sensitive Data on Commodity Computing Platforms" (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi)
- Diplom (~ MS) in Computer Science from University of Bonn, Germany (2004)
Thesis: "Robust integration of cryptographic applications in Java and Windows 2000" (Supervisor: Priv.Doz. Dr. Adrian Spalka)
- German IT Security Award 2010, 2nd prize, with Lucas Davi and Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi